Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mixed Emotions

I’ve been very sad that Peaches & Creme yarn has been bought out by another company.  My sadness actually started when one of the stores in the area stopped carrying the yarn.  Back then I bought as much as I could as the store put it on sale to clear it out.  Now P&C has stopped selling and shipping the yarn.  But before the company closed I was able to purchase some of the yarn.

I love packages in the mail – who doesn’t?

This is what came two weeks ago.

IMG_2399 (640x480)

You can see on the bottom right side of the box that it had quite a trip to Oregon.

Best of all was what was inside!!

IMG_2401 (640x480)

I was thinking that it would be great to make seven dishcloths and towels, each in a different color for each day of the week.  Sometimes I get a bit grossed out when the dishcloth sits at the sink for a second day of use.  This way each day of the week could have a different color and hopefully it would be obvious that it was time to change the color (I mean cloth).

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that peaches 'n creme yarn has been bought out too...I love making my personal spa sets out of it. Facetowel, washcloth and soap pocket...they make great gifts and the yarn is pretty inexpensive - oh poo - now I have to find another yarn to do these out of!

    ReplyDelete