Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Flurries

I wanted to share what I knitted during the SuperBowl this weekend.  I’m part of a yahoo group - Marilyn's Knitting Heaven On Earth.  Marilyn shares a lot of free patterns that she finds on the internet.  She also has just started some knit-offs.  Flurries is the second knit-off that we’ve done this winter.

IMG_2381 (629x640)

I find this pattern quite appropriate for the wild winter most people are experiencing.  Flurries is designed by Michell Crimm and can be found on her website Southern Comfort Knit and Crochet.

Since I’m showing off the knit-off cloths, I’ll also post my cloths from the first knit-off.

This is the Checker Square Garter Dishcloth found here.

IMG_2394 (640x596)

I really enjoyed knitting this one, so much so that I made it’s opposite.

IMG_2395 (640x601)

IMG_2398 (509x640)

These cloths got my head spinning with different color combinations – browns, oranges, tans, purples, greens, etc.  I thought these would make great squares for an afghan.  Oh, to have the time to make all that I dream of in my head.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and Thanks for your wonderful comment about my pattern. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you find time to knit more. I also love your checkered square cloths as well. Great combinations,
    Take care, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam,
    All of your dishcloths are lovely. I enjoyed reading your blog. I am in Marilyn's group on Yahoo and the monthly dishcloth Kal group on Ravelry, also. Are you in Rachel's dishcloth Yahoo group?
    Teresa
    tcoats0407 on Yahoo
    Knittingdancer on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cloths... beautiful intarsia work but the checker square is my fave!

    ReplyDelete