Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sock

Last night I finished my three week class on making socks on two circular needles! I am so excited to be learning to knit socks. As I have neared the end of this, I realized that the sock is a bit loose. All my shoes are tight, so I'm going to try to make the sock over again (again). In class last night the teacher let me use the store's size 1 needles and I think that it's a better gauge. I guess I'll be waiting for my birthday before I'll be able to redo the socks. Can you guess what's on my birthday list? Anyway, I thought I'd show a picture of the sock before I rip it out.

3 comments:

  1. That's amazing that you are knitting socks-and even having to do it a little backwards! I can't make my hands knit or crochet anything but a mess-are you sure we are from the same gene pool? You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous!!!!! I wish i was patient with knitting and crocheting so that I could get better at it. Will you please knit me some socks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Amber, why don't you learn, then you can knit me some :-)

    ReplyDelete