Thursday, April 28, 2011

Headbands Finished!

I finished the headbands and sent them to the nieces.

My daughters and Niece A wanted to have coral colored headbands.

IMG_2572

Niece B wanted a red one -

IMG_2565

I decided that Niece K would get a pink one -

IMG_2571

Here’s the link to the headband pattern.  At first it seemed like a tricky pattern, but as I’ve done it a few times, I’ve almost got it memorized.  I use the updated decrease which makes it easier to finish.  I chose not to use the optional crochet border and think it turned out just fine.

Here are some close-ups of the flowers.

IMG_2567

IMG_2570

This flower pattern is not part of the headband pattern, but is one of my favorite crochet flower patterns - found on the Lion Brand Yarn site - here.

I’m hoping to get a picture of my nieces modeling their headbands, but until then, here’s a picture of my girls in theirs.

IMG_2581

I should mention that the reason I found this pattern was because my sister wanted me to knit her a headband like one she purchased only narrower.  The headbands are about 4 inches wide and she would always fold her store bought headband in an inch along the edges to make it narrower on her head.  I knitted this narrower for the nieces and for my younger daughter.  My oldest likes the original width, so hers is wider.

Here’s another headband I whipped together from the yarn left over from my last scarf project.

IMG_2599

I used a knitted flower pattern for this headband -

IMG_2596

This rosette pattern comes from a hat pattern found in Knitting Daily - here.  I’ve enjoyed making this flower with variegated yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment