Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dishcloth Fever

I have been driven by dishcloths lately, to the extent of staying up until the wee hours of the morning. The following two dishcloths are my catch up of January's Mid-month KAL, called Cheyenna. The first is knitted from some scrap yarn that I have gotten from a knitting basket that used to belong to Ida Shurtz. Many of you will remember her from Eugene First Ward. I found out after I married Lance that she was also one of Grandma Bacon's best friends.

This one is called grandma's favorite. When Theresa (Holland) Raymond taught me to knit, she taught me with this pattern. A couple of years ago I started adding a crocheted border to this pattern. I started this on Thursday night when I went to a Book Club for Enrichment. I have a hard time sitting still and not having my hands busy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always SO impressed Miriam...one day, I'll have you teach me...one day :)

    I love the middle one...I love the colors. I think it's my fave one I have seen, because of the colors and the textures! I would frame that one!

    I love Grandma Bacon!

    ReplyDelete